We do our very best to touch on as much of the health- and environment-related news that we can from across the web, but there are always stories we don’t get to. Here’s a quick roundup of food news from the last week or so that we didn’t hit on:
- Organic Coffee Farming. Planet Green looks at ants’ role in controlling coffee pests.
- Clean Water on the Go. Josh at The Fun Times Guide reviews a filtered water bottle. What a great alternative to disposable bottles when you’re in areas with questionable water quality!
- More Fracking Contamination. Reuters reports on natural gas drilling-related well water contamination in a Wyoming community.
- Egg Recall Update. ProPublica’s Krista Kjellman Schmidt delves deeper into the FDA’s findings about contaminated eggs.
- Menu Labeling Rules. The FDA has proposed new menu labeling rules, and Marion Nestle breaks it down for us.
- Organic is Awesome Yale Environment 360 talks about a study revealing that organic farms produce better soil and fruit.
- Marketing Carrots to Kids. Several baby carrot makers are planning to rebrand their packaging to resemble junk food to appeal to kids.
What were your favorite food-related stories from this week?