It’s been hovering in the upper 90s here in Atlanta, and weather like this makes me crave ice cream like no other. This year, I’m on the hunt for my favorite vegan ice cream! The plan is to try new pints each week and share my findings right here. I know, it’s a tough life I’ve got.
This week, I tried out Ice Supreme. This is not just a dairy free ice cream treat; it’s almost completely raw and contains no soy at all. That’s handy, since it’s really easy when you’re cutting out dairy to go a little heavy on the soy. Moderation is key, right? What better place to start than with ice cream!
- Ingredients: Filtered water, raw almonds, raw cashews, raw and toasted pecans, organic raw agave nectar, raw vanilla bean, himalayan crystal salt
- Calories per 1/2 cup: 180
- Total fat per 1/2 cup: 10g
- Total saturated fat per 1/2 cup: 1.5g
- Total fiber per 1/2 cup: 1g
- 1/2 cup contains: 2% of your calcium and 6% of your iron (based on a 2000 calorie diet)
- Price: $6.99 per pint
I picked up a pint of the Pecan Passion flavor. Overall, for such an unprocessed treat, it was delicious! That pint will definitely not languish in the freezer.
The ice cream was pretty tasty – sweet but not overly sweet with big chunks of pecan mixed in. My only complaint is that it had a slightly grainy texture from the nuts. That might have been from the toasted pecans, though, rather than the raw nuts that make up the base of the ice cream. The Whole Foods here that carries it also stocks the Strawberry Supreme variety, so another round might be in order for this ice cream.
You can pick up your own pint at Whole Foods or your local co-op in certain states. If your area doesn’t carry it, they also sell pints on the Ice Supreme website.