Published on June 10th, 2016 | by Becky Striepe0
Top Food Jobs, Week of June 6
It’s time again for our weekly sustainable food jobs series in partnership with our sister site: Green Job Post. Every week, we share some select listings in this space. The site has listings for more food jobs, and there’s a great section of sustainable food jobs, if you’d like to browse more listings.
Top Sustainable Food Jobs of the Week
1. Advertising Sales Manager–Online Media – With 3+ million monthly readers, Important Media is one of the world’s largest sustainability media companies. Our network of blogs includes CleanTechnica, the world’s biggest clean tech news site, Gas2.0, a Technorati Top 5 Auto site, Green Building Elements, Green Living Ideas, Eat Drink Better, and many more top notch news sites covering sustainability from niche perspectives. We are currently seeking an online ad sales manager. The ideal candidate possess strong motivation to make the world a better place, has a good understanding of sustainability, and has experience in direct advertising sales. There will be inbound leads, as well as outside sales handled by this person.
2. Digital Project Manager: Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine – The Physicians Committee is seeking an experienced digital project manager to own and drive the process for Web projects. This is a new role with a lot of opportunity to make things happen. We are looking for someone who thrives with interpersonal communication, is always thinking big picture, is an expert negotiator and persuader, and has advanced problem resolution and analytical skills. If you can argue like you are always right and listen like you are always wrong and thrive with challenging the status quo, then we would love to hear from you.
3. Director of People, Culture, and Wellness: Gaia Herbs – The Director of People, Culture, and Wellness is an executive-level position responsible for designing, implementing and managing innovative human resources initiatives that attract, develop, engage, support and retain a high-performing staff in a culture of continuous improvement, learning and excellence. This leader embodies and promotes our mission, vision, and values, while ensuring that employment practices comply with all applicable federal and state laws. This role sets the tone for organizational communication, and also acts as a liaison between Gaians in all of our locations.
4. Food and Fitness Iowa (AmeriCorps) – Join a team of enthusiastic people working schools throughout Northeast Iowa to promote healthier school environments. AmeriCorps members will live and serve within communities across Northeast Iowa transforming school environments to be healthier for students and models to their communities. On the ground, members will assist with school gardens, conduct nutrition and health education lessons, as they coordinate and train others to be leaders in this work. Members will deepen the understanding for students, teachers and staff about the benefits of growing and consuming healthy, green, affordable food and being physically active.
5. Forest Restoration Scientist: The Nature Conservancy – The Forest Restoration Scientist will synthesize and advance applied scientific research associated with global forest restoration efforts while providing technical and scientific support and leadership as a subject matter expert for conservation initiatives. The Forest Restoration Scientist will contribute topical expertise to cross-cutting science issues for the organization, and represent the organization in communications with scientific, policy, and practitioner communities.
Image copyright Rawpixel.com