Published on August 7th, 2014 | by Jennifer Kaplan1
Thirsty Thursday: SFMade Summer Cocktail [Recipe]
SFMade is a California non-profit corporation, that is focused on building San Francisco’s manufacturing sector. As a long time support of buying local, I love seeing what comes out of SFMade and this week they really caught my eye with a local summer cocktail recipe.
Local summer cocktail recipes
Distillery No.209 is a true SFMade artisanal spirit: It’s made right on the water in the shadows of AT & T park. Plus, they work with local bartenders to create mouth-watering cocktails. Here’s the perfect summer drink from Zachary Safron of Gaspar Brasserie:
- 1.5 oz No.209 Gin
- .75 oz Lemon juice
- .5 oz Amaro Nonino
- .5 oz Velvet Falernum
- Shake ingredients over ice.
- Double strain into a coupe
- Garnish with an orange twist.
Inspired by this I checked out No.209 Gin’s website which has a whole bunch of awesome looking summer cocktail recipes including this one called 20K-9.
- 2 oz. No. 209 Gin
- 4 oz. Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
- 1 oz. Cointreau
- 1 drop french orange flower water
- 1 slice orange
- Combine ingredients and shake well with ice.
- Serve either on the rocks or up Martini style.
- Garnish with fresh slice of orange.
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!