Published on July 1st, 2014 | by Becky Striepe0
7 Cooking Ideas to Save You Time in the Kitchen
It can be tough to find time to cook from scratch. Try some of these cooking ideas to help you prepare healthy, whole foods faster in your own kitchen.
As a mom to a busy toddler, I 100 percent get it. Cooking healthy meals at home can seem daunting, especially on a busy weeknight. I’ve definitely stood at the stove with the menu from our neighborhood pizza joint in my hand, trying to decide if I have it in me to cook something healthy for my family.
But who says healthy food can’t be fast? From prepping and cooking to clean-up, there are lots of ways to make your cooking more efficient. Below are some fun cooking ideas to help you make time for home-cooked goodness.
7 Cooking Ideas to Save Time in the Kitchen
1. Use your food processor. Skip the slicing and dicing with these food processor recipes.
2. Pit cherries faster. Pitting cherries is…well…the pits! Get those stones out faster with a simple, DIY cherry pitter.
3. Make quick healthy snacks. You don’t have to reach for the processed food just because you’re busy. These healthy snacks come together in a flash to save time without sacrificing health or flavor.
4. Peel those potatoes fast! Or don’t peel them at all. We’ve got tips on how to do both to save time in the kitch.
5. Clean while you cook. Don’t you hate cleaning up the kitchen after a lovely meal? Make cleaning part of your cooking process so there’s less to do after clearing the table.
6. Try weekend cooking. Planning a meal after a long day at work is always going to feel rushed and stressful. Set aside some spare time to cook, so you’ll have a stocked fridge and freezer during the busier days of your week.
7. Cut cherry tomatoes like a ninja. Check out this awesome video for how to cut a whole bunch of cherry tomatoes in one swipe of the knife. You’re welcome!
Image Credits: Food Processor via Shutterstock, DIY Cherry Pitter via Food52, Healthy Snacks via Shutterstock, Potatoes via Shutterstock, Messy Kitchen via Land Camera, Roasted Veg photo by shannonmorrow,
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!