Published on May 12th, 2014 | by Becky Striepe1
8 Vegan Restaurants: Eating vegan gets easier every day!
It used to be tricky to find vegan restaurants, but thanks to vegan chains like these, finding vegan food is getting easier and easier.
Whether you’re looking for vegan food on a road trip or just want to expand your eating horizons where you live, these vegan restaurants are a great way to start. From healthy whole food to decadent vegan treats, there are vegan chains popping up all over. Check out these, and drop any that I missed in the comments!
1. Native Foods – This awesome Chicago-based vegan restaurant is about to go national! They’re planning to open 25-30 locations next year and 200 more over the next five years.
2. Cinnaholic – Who says vegan food can’t be decadent? Think of Berkeley’s Cinnaholic as a vegan version of Cinnabon. The chain just announced that it’s offering franchise opportunities. Woo!
3. Babycakes – The original Babycakes vegan bakery is in New York city, but they’ve now branched out and have locations on both coasts.
4. Loving Hut – There are Loving Hut locations all over the world. The menus vary, but they tend to focus on healthy vegan eats that are quick and affordable.
5. Cafe Gratitude – This San Francisco-based chain has vegan restaurants all over California and one in Kansas City.
6. Veggie Grill – Veggie Grill got its start in Irvine, California. You can now find their yummy selection of sandwiches, salads, veggie burgers, and entees up and down the West Coast of the U.S.
7. Soul Vegetarian – Atlanta’s Soul Vegetarian serves up vegan soul food and bills itself as the largest chain of vegan restaurants in the world. You can find locations all over the world. This chain seems loosely-knit, so your best bet to find a location is google “soul vegetarian” and the area that you’re in.
8. Govinda – This is another loosely-knit vegan chain. Govinda dishes up vegan Indian dishes, and there are locations all over the world. A Google search is your ticket to finding the one closest to you.
Do you guys know of other national or international vegan restaurants? Add your favorites in the comments!
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by Bing