Eating for Health Top 10 Vegan Lifestyle Sites

Published on January 13th, 2014 | by Becky Striepe

Top 10 Vegan Lifestyle Sites that Make Eating Vegan Easy and Delicious

Top 10 Vegan Lifestyle Sites

Think of these vegan lifestyle sites as a virtual support system on your vegan journey.

One of the things that I love best about my vegan lifestyle is connecting with other folks who are passionate about living compassionately. There are so many amazing vegan sites out there with recipes and vegan lifestyle tips, but what these sites have in common is personality.

Vegan recipes and tips are a huge help when you’re living a vegan lifestyle, but they’re not the whole picture by any means. Veganism can come with a feeling of isolation, especially if you don’t have any vegan friends of family. I’m lucky to know lots of awesome vegan people here in Atlanta, but my close friends and my family are of the omnivore persuasion. They respect my choice to live a vegan lifestyle. There are just some things that we don’t get to commiserate about, like coming up with an awesome recipe for vegan queso or the quest for vegan boots.

That might make it sound like it’s hard to be vegan, but it really isn’t. Like any lifestyle change, it just takes time to adapt, and I think that these vegan writers do an amazing job of sharing not just their kitchens but a bit of themselves with everything that they write.

Top 10 Vegan Lifestyle Sites

These are in no particular order – all of these peeps are #1 in my book!

1. Cadry’s Kitchen
  2. Kelli’s Vegan Kitchen
  3. Andrea’s Easy Vegan Cooking
  4. Luminous Vegans
  5. Veganosaurus
  6. The Gluten Free Treadmill (formerly This is Thirty)
  7. Vegan Miam
  8. Canned Time
  9. An Unrefined Vegan
  10. Cake Maker to the Stars

I’d love to hear from you guys, too! What are your favorite vegan lifestyle sites?

Image Credit: Veggie Heart photo via Shutterstock

Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!

Tags: , , , , ,

My name is Becky Striepe (rhymes with “sleepy”), and I am a crafts and food writer from Atlanta, Georgia with a passion for making our planet a healthier, happier, and more compassionate place to live. My mission is to make vegan food and crafts accessible to everyone!. If you like my work, you can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, and .

39 Responses to Top 10 Vegan Lifestyle Sites that Make Eating Vegan Easy and Delicious

1. trish says:

A wonderful and award-winning site for recipes is http://www.ohsheglows.com. Have tried many of her tasty dishes and she has gorgeous food photography.
    Bon appetit!

2. Thanks for your confidence Becky! I always learn so much from searching vegan sites (like your’s) that I never think of my own as being informative so much. It really is a lifestyle though to try to eat kind and eat healthy all in one. Thanks again and here’s to living Vegan ♥

3. Wow – thank you so much for adding me to the list! You are on the top of my list!

4. Annie says:

LOVE our vegan community! I feel so supported and loved. Thanks, girl!

5. Abby says:

I would add Finding Vegan at findingvegan.com.

6. Some day my little blog will make this list … I just know it! In the meantime, you can check it out yourself at http://www.MeatyVegan.com!

7. One of my long-time favorites is Choosing Raw: Gena covers raw and cooked vegan food, medicine, health issues, and all sorts of vegan products from a really smart, ethical standpoint.

8. Rebecca says:

Have you heard of htpp:/yummyplants.com? Lots of easy transition tips for new vegans :)

9. http://www.wedonteatanimals.com

For everyone with children in their lives – support, insights, resources for making vegan choices.
    And AWESOME children’s books encouraging love of animals, our planet and our bodies.

10. Heather says:

happyherbivore.com

11. Cadry says:

I’m so delighted to be included in your list, Becky! Thanks! You’ve definitely highlighted some of my favorites. Of course, I’d also have to add Glue & Glitter to the list… Maybe you know that one? 😉

12. While there are plenty of resources for recipes, my new site (and blog) have a focus on how to transition to and maintain a healthful vegan lifestyle – for the animals, the environment and for your body!

Check it out: marcyecruice.com and facebook.com/marcyecruice

See you there!

Marcy

13. taylorincolorado says:

Want more than you can reasonably look at? Do a google search for ‘best vegan blogs of 2013′ – or follow the links for the last VegMoFo. My favorites are: Fat Free Vegan http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/ and Straight Up Food http://www.straightupfood.com/blog/.

14. Aiden James says:

The Vegan Zombie on YouTube!

15. Aww, thanks Becky for including me on the list! I agree with Cadry, you left off Glue and Glitter :-)

16. Pingback: Recipe of The Week and Lots Of Dishes (and Recipes) to serve for The Game! | Sunset Daily

17. Pingback: Eat Drink Better | Healthy recipes, good food: sustainable eats for a healthy lifestyle!

18. Pingback: Eat Drink Better | Healthy recipes, good food: sustainable eats for a healthy lifestyle!

19. capricorn says:

Simple Veganista
    Love and Lemons (not entirely vegan, but very veggie heavy and delicous recipes)!

20. Pingback: Eat Drink Better | Healthy recipes, good food: sustainable eats for a healthy lifestyle!

21. Pingback: Feelgood Style | Sustainable fashion reporting, organic beauty tips, DIY projects + tutorials, + natural product reviews.

22. the vegan style revivalist says:

Hi Becky, thanks for your top 10 vegan lifestyle blog ideas. I would love to put my blog forward for future consideration. My a vegan personal stylist, vegan mom to two wonderful vegan tween daughters, and avid traveler, reader and kitchen enthusiast. Please visit my blog come time at va-va-veganblog.com

23. Happy Pandas says:

Hi Becky , nice article

I hope you like this blog also and maybe include in your list http://www.veganbandit.net

24. Rub Good says:

http://v-nut.e-motiv.net – Vegetarian nutrients analysis

• Advertisements

• Popular Posts

Over-the-counter drugs might alleviate your allergy symptoms, but the side effects can be the pits. Try these food-based natural remedies for seasonal allergies instead!

I love infographics. When I came across this one about what, how, and when to plant vegetables, I thought I’d share. Keep reading after the pic for a few of my own lessons learned.

Herbal homemade soda is quite simple actually. Almost any herb can be used, and this lavender and lemon combination is cooling and refreshing!

Do You Think Cilantro Tastes Like Soap? Here’s why.

Putting a healthy meal together can be difficult on a busy weeknight. These quick, easy, healthy meals make even weeknight cooking a breeze.

Looking for an all vegan grocery store? Even if you’re not lucky enough to have one in your town, there are lots of online options for vegan grocery shopping.

• Search the IM Network