Published on November 1st, 2013 | by Reader Recipe1
Gluten Free Brownies Made with Quinoa (Reader Recipe)
by My Real Food Family
These gluten free brownies are moist and delicious. And they are made with all natural ingredients!
Editor’s Note: You can see Hershey’s cocoa depicted in this recipe photo, but Eat Drink Better does not support this company. If you can, we suggest you choose Fair Trade or Rainforest Alliance Certified cocoa powder, so you can be sure that your cocoa was not made with child or slave labor.
Gluten Free Brownies
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsalted organic butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Make the quinoa according to package directions and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly mist an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish or line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add the cooked quinoa and butter and continue to blend until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the blender contents to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into baking dish and bake on the center rack for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and cool completely in the pan before serving.
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!