Published on October 14th, 2013 | by Guest Contributor0
Drinks that are Low in Sugar: Sass Up Your 8 Glasses!
Getting those eight glasses of water per day can be a little bit tricky, especially if you’re not a fan of plain water. Replacing some of your water servings with drinks that have a little bit of carbonation or flavor can help make those eight glasses more attainable and fun!
Even if you love drinking water, sometimes it’s nice to mix things up with something a little bit more fun. The trouble is that a lot of alternatives to water – like juice and soda – are loaded with as much sugar as a candy bar. No, thank you! Check out these low-sugar drinks that you can sip guiltlessly!
5 Low Sugar Drinks
1. Carbonated water. Got fizzy water? Sometimes, just a little carbonation alone is enough to give your water some pizzazz without any sugar at all.
2. Fruity fizz. Give that carbonated water a little boost with fresh fruit! Check out these ideas for fruity fizz combinations to make your water-drinking extra special.
3. Zeo. We just discovered the new soft drink Zeo. It does contain some sugar, but it’s also stevia-sweetened, so it’s much lower in calories than other sodas on the market. You can find out where to buy Zeo (the sponsors of this article) here.
4. Kombucha. Like Zeo, kombucha does contain sugar, but it has a lot less that conventional sodapop. It’s also packed with beneficial bacteria that’s good for your gut! Learn how to brew your own kombucha here.
5. Tea. Drink it iced or hot. Tea is a great alternative to water, and many teas even contain antioxidants to help protect you from disease. Read more about the health benefits of drinking tea here.
What about you guys? Do you have a favorite low-sugar (or no-sugar!) alternative to water that you like to drink? Tell us in the comments!
Image Credit: Carbonated Water photo via Shutterstock
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!