Published on July 18th, 2013 | by Reader Recipe2
Reader Recipe: Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Ground Buffalo
Got a healthy recipe that you’d like to share? Head over to our Submit a Recipe page!
This dish was very simple to prepare, as it involve only cooking the ground meat, chopping and sautéing the Brussels sprouts, and combing both elements together with simple spices and, if you so desire, perfectly aged goat cheese. And there is always a desire for cheese.
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Ground Buffalo
- 2oz ground buffalo
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts (chopped)
- 1/4oz hard cheese (optional, I used an aged goat cheese)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (for cooking)
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil to a skillet and allow it to heat up. Cook buffalo over medium heat until heated completely through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining coconut oil to pan and sauté Brussels sprouts over medium heat until tender. Add buffalo back in and season to with the desire about of sea salt and pepper.
- Serve warm, topped with grated cheese, if using.