Published on July 17th, 2013 | by Reader Recipe2
Reader Recipe: Gracious Green Salad Recipe
Got a healthy recipe that you’d like to share? Head over to our Submit a Recipe page!
I throw together plenty of salads in any given week, the variety of toppings dependent on what I have in my fridge. Here is one that I dreamed up for lunch that happened to be abundant in the color green. The greener the better when it comes to salads, I suppose. I thought a creamy Dijon dressing would compliment this particular salad recipe nicely, so I whipped up a simple one, but feel free to use your imagination for your own dressing desires.
Gracious Green Salad Recipe
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 1oz firm or extra firm tofu (cubed)
- 1/4 cup sweet potato (cubed and roasted)
- 1/4 cup broccoli stalk (shaved and roasted)
- 4 Brussels sprouts (quartered and roasted)
- 1/2 cucumber (cubed)
- 1/4 avocado (cubed)
- 1/4 cup kohlrabi (cubed)
- 1/2 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1/2 tablespoon pepitas
- Chop lettuce and place in a large bowl.
- Toss lettuce with dressing. If you are not using the Creamy Dijon, use dressing of your choice.
- Add all other ingredients and lightly toss.
Creamy Dijon Dressing
- 1 teaspoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch ground black peppercorn
- Combine all ingredients and stir well.