Published on July 14th, 2013 | by Reader Recipe1
Reader Recipe: Chewy Molasses Cookies
by Health, Love, and Chocolate
Got a healthy recipe that you’d like to share? Head over to our Submit a Recipe page!
These cookies are a take on the classic molasses cookie. They use almond flour as a base, making them friendly to many food intolerances, and adding a bit of nuttiness which is a great compliment to the deep molasses flavor.
(makes 12 large cookies or 18 small cookies)
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/16 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons ghee or Unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons unsulphured blackstrap molasses
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350˚F
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl
- Add in wet ingredients and stir until combined
- Form dough into 1” balls and place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Allow cookies to cool completely
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!