Published on July 13th, 2013 | by Reader Recipe0
Reader Recipe: Banana Oat Muffins
by Health, Love, and Chocolate
Got a healthy recipe that you’d like to share? Head over to our Submit a Recipe page!
Although simple, these banana oat muffins act a the perfect base for any and every topping you can imagine.
Banana Oat Muffins
For the topping:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoons oat flour
- 2 teaspoons ghee, melted (or butter or coconut oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- generous sprinkle cinnamon
For the muffins:
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or other unrefined sugar such as sucanat)
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Make the topping by combining all ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine dry muffins ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet muffin ingredients, including the banana.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients, folding to incorporate.
- Pour into a lined or oiled (coconut oil works great) muffin tin. Crumble the topping onto each muffin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until muffin tops are firm to the touch.
- Try not to burn your mouth on your first bite.
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!