Published on May 6th, 2013 | by Becky Striepe1
Vegan Mothers Day Brunch Menu
Mother’s Day is coming up this Sunday, and we’ve got you covered with a vegan brunch menu that’s as tasty as it is cruelty-free!
Brunch can be a tricky meal to veganize, if you’re used to rely on eggy dishes as the staples, but you can actually make a pretty traditional brunch without an egg or a shred of cheese in sight! The best part? This vegan menu features a decadent quiche as the main event.
A quiche with no eggs? YES! A girlfriend made this vegan quiche recipe for my baby shower, and even the omnivore guests loved it! The crust is rich, and the filling is so hearty you’ll never miss the egg. But! Before we get to that, let’s start things out with a salad.
Arugula and Strawberry Salad
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 cups arugula, chopped
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 Haas avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnut oil (or more olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a serving bowl, toss together the salad greens, berries, avocado, and sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together. Pass the dressing alongside the salad.
Next>> Vegan Quiche
Image Credit: Mother’s Day Brunch photo via Shutterstock
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!