Published on April 29th, 2013 | by Becky Striepe5
15 Vegan Dessert Recipes
Think that eating vegan has to mean giving up that sweet tooth? Let some of these vegan dessert recipes prove you deliciously wrong!
One of the most common misconceptions about a vegan diet is that it has to always be a healthy diet. Sure, if you’re eating unprocessed, plant-based foods you’re going to be healthier, but not all vegan food is good for you. Potato chips and french fries are vegan. There are also lots of decadent vegan desserts that are just as delicious as their omni counterparts.
We’ve talked before about all of the yummy vegan chocolate options that are out there, but that’s not where the deliciousness of vegan dessert ends! Baking without eggs and dairy takes a little bit of re-learning if you’re winging it, but if you’re following a solid vegan recipe, it’s no harder than any other baking. Like my mom used to tell me: “If you can read, you can cook.”
These are some of my favorite vegan dessert recipes. I hope they rock your socks as much as they do mine!
1. Mini Vegan Apples Pies – The cutest dessert ever!
2. Vegan Marmalade Cupcakes – Fluffy vanilla cupcakes stuffed with homemade marmalade!
3. Chunky Peanut Chocolate Chip Blondies – There is no part of this that I don’t like.
4. Raw Blackberry Cheesecake – Who needs cream cheese when you have cashews?
5. Banana and Chocolate Soft Serve – This recipe is sneakily healthy without giving up any of the yum!
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!