Published on February 13th, 2013 | by Reader Recipe0
Reader Recipe: Dark Chocolate Vegan Aztec Truffles
by Janey and Bibi
Got a healthy recipe that you’d like to share? Head over to our Submit a Recipe page!
We all deserve a treat now and again. These easy to make vegan truffles fit the bill perfectly. For that someone special in your life. Or maybe just for yourself – because you’re worth it
Vegan Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 2 very ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons cream from the top of a can of coconut milk (put it in the fridge over night to harden it up a bit)
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 75g good quality cocoa powder, plus more for coating
- Optional, for an extra kick – pinch of chilli flakes
- Optional – 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- Put the avocados, cream from the coconut milk, agave syrup, icing sugar and 75g cocoa powder in a food processor (or use a stick blender) and buzz until smooth. If you want a fiery truffle, add your pinch of chilli flakes in with all of the other ingredients.
- If the mixture is not quite firm enough to roll into a ball, add more icing sugar (it can take up to a couple of tablespoons more – all depends on the avocados). Buzz again.
- Put a few tablespoons of cocoa into a bowl. If you want to make coconut-covered ones too, put a few tablespoons of coconut in another bowl. Roll the truffles between the palms of your hands, then roll in the coating of your choice.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving. These need to be kept in the fridge until you want to eat them.
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!