Published on February 13th, 2013 | by Reader Recipe0
Reader Recipe: Dark Chocolate Vegan Aztec Truffles
Got a healthy recipe that you’d like to share? Head over to our Submit a Recipe page!
We all deserve a treat now and again. These easy to make vegan truffles fit the bill perfectly. For that someone special in your life. Or maybe just for yourself – because you’re worth it
Vegan Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 2 very ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons cream from the top of a can of coconut milk (put it in the fridge over night to harden it up a bit)
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 75g good quality cocoa powder, plus more for coating
- Optional, for an extra kick – pinch of chilli flakes
- Optional – 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- Put the avocados, cream from the coconut milk, agave syrup, icing sugar and 75g cocoa powder in a food processor (or use a stick blender) and buzz until smooth. If you want a fiery truffle, add your pinch of chilli flakes in with all of the other ingredients.
- If the mixture is not quite firm enough to roll into a ball, add more icing sugar (it can take up to a couple of tablespoons more – all depends on the avocados). Buzz again.
- Put a few tablespoons of cocoa into a bowl. If you want to make coconut-covered ones too, put a few tablespoons of coconut in another bowl. Roll the truffles between the palms of your hands, then roll in the coating of your choice.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving. These need to be kept in the fridge until you want to eat them.