Published on February 9th, 2013 | by Guest Contributor0
9 Food Processor Recipes to Save Time in the Kitchen
Cooking might seem like a hassle, but it doesn’t have to be. With the help of your blender or food processor, it’s easy to prepare quick, healthy dishes in no time flat!
Kitchen appliances have made it a lot easier to prepare healthy food quickly and devices like functional kitchen scales and food processors have transformed the “I don’t know how to cook,” mantra into “Look what I whipped up!” The possibilities are infinite, and with the right tools you can cook from scratch without giving up a lot of counter space. It has never been easier to prepare a fresh juice in the morning, a nice smoothie at lunch or a throw together a quick pesto sauce at supper time.
Here are some quick, healthy recipes you can whip up using just your food processor. Don’t have a food processor? A blender will do the trick, too:
- Pesto – Check out this quick cashew pesto recipe. Just toss with pasta, and you have an instant meal!
- Green smoothies – Fresh fruits and veggies blend up into a quick, healthy breakfast or snack on the go.
- Asian slaw – This healthy side uses the food processor to make the sauce, but you can pulse the veggies in there, too, to shorten prep time even more.
- Raw desserts – Try out a raw apple pie for a healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Vegan chicken nuggets – Who needs to mash by hand? Your food processor does the heavy lifting in this vegan snack recipe.
- Hummus – Throw some chick peas, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and tahini in your food processor to make a yummy dip or sandwich spread. Or, try this curried lentil hummus to mix things up a bit.
- Stuffed manacotti -You make the filling for this hearty main dish completely in the food processor!
- No-bake granola – Granola is great for breakfast, dessert, or a healthy snack, and you can make a no-bake version in your food processor in practically no time.
- Homemade baby food – Baby food can get expensive if you buy jar after jar. You can save money and make much healthier – and organic! – baby food at home in your blender or food processor.
Do you have a favorite, quick recipe that uses the food processor? Tell us about it in the comments!
This is an advertorial from www.lakeland.co.uk, the kitchenware specialist in the UK.
Image Credit: Food Processor photo via Shutterstock