Published on December 19th, 2012 | by Tanya Sitton1
Vegan Recipe: Yummy Eggless Nog
- 3/4 cup soy or almond (or other nondairy) milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon raw or turbinado sugar (or other natural vegan sweetener such as agave or maple syrup)
- 1/4 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional, but adds thickness and nutrition to your nog!)
- 1-1/2 ounces rum, brandy, or bourbon (optional)
Stir chia seeds into the nondairy milk, in your blender, and remove banana from freezer. Go do something else for about 5 minutes. Then peel banana, break it in half or thirds, and add it to the blender, along with all other ingredients. Pulse a few times to break up ice, then blend on highest setting until smooth.
Repeat as needed. Happy Holidays!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!