Published on December 19th, 2012 | by Becky Striepe5
10 Awesome Food Films on Netflix
When you think about Netflix, you probably imagine catching up on TV series you didn’t watch new or watching movies, but did you know that Netflix has lots of great food films in their library, too?
Vegging out in front of the TV might not be your go-to for entertainment, and what I love about a food film is that it’s a chance to kick back, relax, and learn something all at the same time! I searched through the Netflix library and found some awesome food films that are available to watch right now! Check it:
- Forks Over Knives – food scientists explore how a plant-based diet can help prevent and even fight disease
- Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead – a first-person look at food’s healing powers
- Vegucated – What happens when a group of meat- and cheese-loving people eat vegan for six weeks?
- Food Matters – a look at the Standard American Diet and how we can improve what we eat and our health
- King Corn – two friends travel America’s “corn belt” to learn about how corn is affecting our diets and our health
- The Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue – Rip Esselstyn helps two families make over their diets and their health
- Food Fight – a profile of food superstar Alice Waters as she tries to promote healthy, sustainable food
- Food Beware – the story of one French town where the mayor mandated an all-organic school lunch program
- Fed Up! – this film takes a hard look at the GMOs and factory farming in our food system and how we can make our food production more sustainable
- Farmageddon – the heart-wrenching story of sustainable farms that were forcefully shut down
Do you have any favorite food films, on Netflix or otherwise? I was bummed to find that Supersize Me isn’t available for streaming right now. It’s one of my favorites!
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!