Democracy relies on an informed citizenry. With the battle for GMO labeling ongoing in California and across the US, there’s never been a greater need for public awareness of the issues surrounding biotechnology, agriculture, and our food supply. For one week only — September 15th through the 22nd — you can watch the new documentary Genetic Roulette online for free! So take this opportunity to aggravate the biotechnology megacoporations pinning their hopes on an uninformed and apathetic public: watch, learn, reflect, and share!
From the Genetic Roulette website:
When the US government ignored repeated warnings by its own scientists and allowed untested genetically modified (GM) crops into our environment and food supply, it was a gamble of unprecedented proportions. The health of all living things and all future generations were put at risk by an infant technology.
After two decades, physicians and scientists have uncovered a grave trend. The same serious health problems found in lab animals, livestock, and pets that have been fed GM foods are now on the rise in the US population. And when people and animals stop eating genetically modified organisms (GMOs), their health improves.
This seminal documentary provides compelling evidence to help explain the deteriorating health of Americans, especially among children, and offers a recipe for protecting ourselves and our future.
What else can you do, to fight the biotech takeover of our food supply? Glad you asked!
- Find and join a local Right to Know group, in your state.
- Write or call your legislative representatives, and agitate for fair labeling of GMO foods!
- If you’re in CA, vote Yes! on prop 37 this November. If you have friends or family in CA, encourage them to do the same!
- Join GMOFreeUSA, to take the GMO labeling issue directly to US food manufacturers (since our regulatory agencies have declined to actually regulate anything, when it comes to biotechnology and agriculture).
- Share information! There’s still a huge need for public awareness about GMO issues — and a huge well-funded misinformation campaign, aimed at preventing it!
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” ― Aldous Huxley
“The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.” — Gloria Steinem
“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.”- Anne Frank
Image credit: Creative Commons photo by Millions Against Monsanto.