Published on August 17th, 2012 | by Tanya Sitton0
Recipe: Yummy Creamy Dippy Spread
Serve with fresh sliced zuchini, celery, or crackers. Enjoy with fried eggplant or mushrooms. Use instead of mayonaise on sandwiches and wraps. This versatile creamy dip knows no bounds!
- 1 cup room temperature vegan cream cheese (Tofutti or homemade)
- 1 green onion, green and white parts, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise (Vegenaise or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon bottled hot sauce, to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon MSG-free seasoned salt (or plain salt), to taste
- Combine vegan cream cheese, green onion, vegan mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Stir in hot sauce and seasoned salt, to taste.
- Chill at least an hour to let flavors blend. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Variations: combine finished dip with 1/2 cup prepared salsa, picante sauce, or chutney.
Image credit: Creative Commons photo by Vegan Feast Catering.
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!