Published on May 18th, 2012 | by Tanya Sitton2
‘Noochesan’ Pasta Topping
- 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/3 cup unsalted raw cashew pieces (or raw almonds)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
Grind cashews or almonds to a fine meal, using a blender or food processor. Combine nuts with other ingredients in a large bowl, and mix well.
Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container. Use as a topping for pasta, pizza, garlic bread, salads, or in any recipe that calls for Parmesan.
Image credit: Creative Commons photo by Vegan Feast Catering.
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!