Published on May 18th, 2012 | by Tanya Sitton2
‘Noochesan’ Pasta Topping
- 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/3 cup unsalted raw cashew pieces (or raw almonds)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
Grind cashews or almonds to a fine meal, using a blender or food processor. Combine nuts with other ingredients in a large bowl, and mix well.
Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container. Use as a topping for pasta, pizza, garlic bread, salads, or in any recipe that calls for Parmesan.