Published on April 3rd, 2012 | by Amie Valpone1
Cilantro Coconut Tofu Soup
This is a simple vegan soup that’s perfect for a chilly spring supper. It works great as a side but is also hearty enough to stand alone as the main dish.
Vegan Coconut Milk Soup
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 fresh piece of ginger (approximately 1 inch), thinly sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar (optional)
- 6 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups button mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 medium daikon radish, julienned
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- In a pot, bring vegetable broth and ginger to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, ginger, vinegar, agave, tofu, mushrooms, carrots and daikon radish.
- Just before serving, stir in lime juice and cilantro.
Image Credit: Vegan Soup Ingredients photo via Shutterstock
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!