Published on April 3rd, 2012 | by Amie Valpone1
Cilantro Coconut Tofu Soup
This is a simple vegan soup that’s perfect for a chilly spring supper. It works great as a side but is also hearty enough to stand alone as the main dish.
Vegan Coconut Milk Soup
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 fresh piece of ginger (approximately 1 inch), thinly sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar (optional)
- 6 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups button mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 medium daikon radish, julienned
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- In a pot, bring vegetable broth and ginger to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, ginger, vinegar, agave, tofu, mushrooms, carrots and daikon radish.
- Just before serving, stir in lime juice and cilantro.
Image Credit: Vegan Soup Ingredients photo via Shutterstock
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!