Published on February 7th, 2012 | by Amie Valpone0
Cauliflower Scallion Bean-Free Hummus Recipe
This gluten free hummus makes a great appetizer or snack. Sure, beans are good for you and a great vegan source of protein, but it’s important to get more fresh veggies in your diet, too. This cauliflower hummus gives you a healthy dose of cruciferous veggies in every bite!
Cauliflower Scallion Bean-Free Hummus
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup Brazil nuts
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium pot, steam cauliflower florets with 1 cup of water for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; pulse until mixture forms a creamy consistency. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm with crudites, gluten-free crackers and toast.
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!