It’s the new year and you’re looking for ways to eat your favorite foods in a healthier, lighter way. Well, if mashed potatoes are a weakness, you’ll love this veggie-packed alternative to your favorite comfort food! Even if you scoff at cauliflower, you’ll never know that this mashed cauliflower isn’t made from a spud!
Vegan Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon vegan chicken bullion (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegan butter
- Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
- Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
- In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, nutritional yeast, garlic, bullion and pepper until almost smooth.
- Garnish with chives, and serve hot drizzled with olive oil or with pats of butter.
Try roasting the garlic and adding a little fresh rosemary for a whole new taste.