Published on September 13th, 2011 | by Becky Striepe3
We’re Jammin’: Jam Recipe Roundup
Can you believe that summer is almost over? I’m trying to cherish the lazy days, warm weather, and bounty of summer produce. Of course, you can make that summer fruit last into the winter by preserving the harvest with some jam recipes! Here are some tasty ones to get you going:
- Mark Bittman’s tomato jam recipe is freaking amazing. I’ve already made and devoured a batch of this one and am planning to make more before tomato season is over.
- Our very own Rachel Fox shared a delicious recipe for blueberry jam back in June.
- My friend Chrissy is raving about this peach basil jam recipe. Doesn’t it look amazing?
- This apricot rosemary jam from Food in Jars looks freaking fantastic!
- This red pepper jelly recipe from Paula Deen has been on my to do list for a while (minus the food coloring, of course!).
- I found a great recipe for making jam from summer berries at The Guardian.
And in case you need some jams to get you in the spirit (get it?), this is the song that gets into my head whenever I think about jam recipes:
Laugh if you want, but I dare you to make jam without singing this as you stir.
So spill it, fellow jam-enthusiasts! What’s your favorite summer jam recipe?
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!