Published on August 22nd, 2011 | by Zachary Shahan1
Bill Clinton’s CNN Vegan Interview
It’s Bill Clinton’s 65th Birthday today. And as I previewed, a feature interview on him and his vegan diet was supposed to run on CNN last night. Above is a preview to the show, “The Last Heart Attack.” And here’s a 9-minute video of coverage from around, of that interview and others (not the best quality, but you can follow):
The intro by Dr. Sanjay Gupta includes a pretty interesting set of statistics — 40% of Americans believe they’re in ideal heart health… while the real % is under 1%. Interesting.
I like that Clinton points out that he needs less sleep as a vegan, that he likes what he’s eating, really seems to like it (which is really no surprise). Even though he’s only doing it for his health (not moral or spiritual reasons), he’s happy with the food options he has.
If you are interested in going vegan (or vegetarian, at least) after watching and reading about Bill Clinton’s shift, I would highly recommend he following articles:
- How to Go Vegetarian: 5 Key Steps (& Famous Vegetarian Celebrities) – the steps are the same if you want to go vegan.
- Eating Vegan: Why I Love Being Vegan
- Eating Vegan: What is Vegan?
- Eating Vegan: Dealing with Social Situations
- Eating Vegan: Where do You Get Your Protein?
- Eating Vegan: The Cheese Problem
- Eating Vegan: Where Do You Get Your Iron?
- Eating Vegan: Calcium
And you can check out our whole “Eating Vegan” category or “vegetarian and vegan” category for all sorts of good food and recipe ideas. CNN also had two good posts related to the Bill Clinton vegan special you might want to check out: