Published on July 16th, 2011 | by Peter J Levine0
Peach Salsa: A Georgia-Inspired Recipe
I just got back from a trip to Atlanta, Georgia where I got to a visit to some outrageous farmer’s markets. All of that fresh, local fruit inspired this recipe for a peach salsa that will go great with just about anything.
You can even serve this as a an appetizer with some organic corn chips, just like a tomato-based salsa.
- 2 medium sized Georgia peaches, diced
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1 medium shallot diced
- 1/2 cup blueberries, left whole
- 2-3 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped well
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 1 tbsp poblano pepper, finely diced
- In a large, non-reactive bowl add the peaches, strawberries, shallot and blueberries.
- Squeeze in the juice of the lime and toss gently.
- Add the cilantro and toss some more,
- Add the poblano and toss until the whole mixture is moist.
- Drizzle with honey/agave and give a couple of more tosses.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.
My thanks to Becky Striepe in Atlanta, Georgia for the farmer’s market tour that gave rise to this summer dish! Do you have a favorite recipe for peach salsa or any other summer salsa?
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by stebulus