Published on July 16th, 2011 | by Peter J Levine0
Peach Salsa: A Georgia-Inspired Recipe
I just got back from a trip to Atlanta, Georgia where I got to a visit to some outrageous farmer’s markets. All of that fresh, local fruit inspired this recipe for a peach salsa that will go great with just about anything.
You can even serve this as a an appetizer with some organic corn chips, just like a tomato-based salsa.
- 2 medium sized Georgia peaches, diced
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1 medium shallot diced
- 1/2 cup blueberries, left whole
- 2-3 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped well
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 1 tbsp poblano pepper, finely diced
- In a large, non-reactive bowl add the peaches, strawberries, shallot and blueberries.
- Squeeze in the juice of the lime and toss gently.
- Add the cilantro and toss some more,
- Add the poblano and toss until the whole mixture is moist.
- Drizzle with honey/agave and give a couple of more tosses.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.
My thanks to Becky Striepe in Atlanta, Georgia for the farmer’s market tour that gave rise to this summer dish! Do you have a favorite recipe for peach salsa or any other summer salsa?
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by stebulus
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!