Published on June 21st, 2011 | by Rachel Fox, RD0
Sweet Corn and Asparagus Pasta Salad
Asparagus and Sweet Corn Pasta Salad
- 1 box whole wheat pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 pkg Italian dressing dry spice mix
- 12-16 spears asparagus
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 1/2 yellow squash
- 1/2 zucchini
- 8-10 grape tomatoes
- Boil water and cook pasta until al dente. Meanwhile, chop yellow squash and zucchini to bite size pieces.
- Place whole ears of corn and asparagus spears into steamer. When half cooked, add squash and asparagus. Steam until all veggies are tender, but not mushy.
- Cut tomatoes into fourths or halves lengthwise. Cut cooked asparagus into bite sized pieces. Slice corn off cob.
- Toss cooked pasta and veggies along with olive oil, apple cider vinegar and Italian dressing spice mix packet. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in refrigerator before enjoying.
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!