Sweet Corn and Asparagus Pasta Salad
My lovely mother created this recipe. We enjoyed it this past holiday weekend and I can not stop craving the leftovers. This recipe is super simple and can be modified with your favorite vegetables. I like how the asparagus adds a bitter taste and the corn gives it a nice sweet crunch. We chose to use penne pasta, but fussili might blend with the vegetables better.
Asparagus and Sweet Corn Pasta Salad
- 1 box whole wheat pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 pkg Italian dressing dry spice mix
- 12-16 spears asparagus
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 1/2 yellow squash
- 1/2 zucchini
- 8-10 grape tomatoes
- Boil water and cook pasta until al dente. Meanwhile, chop yellow squash and zucchini to bite size pieces.
- Place whole ears of corn and asparagus spears into steamer. When half cooked, add squash and asparagus. Steam until all veggies are tender, but not mushy.
- Cut tomatoes into fourths or halves lengthwise. Cut cooked asparagus into bite sized pieces. Slice corn off cob.
- Toss cooked pasta and veggies along with olive oil, apple cider vinegar and Italian dressing spice mix packet. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in refrigerator before enjoying.
Let me know if you try it, or have any ideas on how to make it even more fantastic!