Published on May 13th, 2011 | by Michelle Leeper5
Vegan Cookies: Oat Flour Chocolate Chip
Oat flour is a healthy, gluten-free (well, almost gluten-free) alternative to regular flour, and so easy to make at home! All you need are oats and a blender. I used Quaker oats, the slow-cooking kind for these vegan cookies. Using instant or quick-cooking oatmeal will make the dough of whatever you’re making mushy.
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine
- 1/4 cup canola or sunflower seed oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350Â°F and grease a baking tray.
- Mix oat flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Add margerine and oil and stir until mixed. If the mixture is too dry, add a tablespoon of soy milk. Add chocolate chips last and mix.
- Roll tablespoon-sized balls of dough and flatten them with the back of a wet spoon on your baking tray. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!