Published on May 8th, 2011 | by Melanie Kozlan2
Healthy Eating Made Easy: Easy and Delicious Healthy Snacks
Healthy eating should never feel like a burden. If you find it truly difficult then it’s time to discover new healthy foods to treat yourself to.
It’s always wise to eat smart and read labels when you’re in the grocery store. Staying away from processed or non-organic foods can make a huge impact on your health and can help you avoid guilty pleasures that you might not have realized were harmful to your health or the environment. For example, in the U.S. there are no labels on meat from cloned animals, or about whether or not it comes from a factory farm!
Another reason to avoid processed food: Did you know that in the U.S. cereal companies often contain unlabeled genetically modified ingredients? Basically when you pick up a box of Lucky Charms you will never know which ingredients make them ‘Magically delicious.’ Here are some of our favorite recipes and healthy snacks that make healthy eating easy!
Easy Cheap Snacks:
- Carrot Sticks
- Cucumbers (Slice and soak in vinegar: They’ll taste better and the acidity of the vinegar will curb your appetite)
- Any fresh fruits or vegetables
- Raisins or any other organic dried fruit
- Nuts (Unsalted)
- Dry air-popped popcorn
- Sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- Rice Cakes with Peanut butter
Delicious Recipes for Healthy Eating:
- Spiced Apple Pie Chips
- Tahini Ice-Cream
- Watermelon, Tomato, and Basil Skewers
- Stuffed Mushrooms with Tofu and Herbs
- Kharcho Bites
- Quinoa with Goat Cheese, Basil & Broccoli
- Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Banana Mango Yogurt Popsicles
Of course, there are lots of other simple, snack foods that can help make healthy eating easy and delicious! We’d love to hear some of your favorite healthy snacks in the comments.
Melanie Kozlan is the Senior Content Director of Four Green Steps: Your one-destination for all things Green as well as the World’s largest Green marketplace!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!