Published on August 27th, 2010 | by Becky Striepe0
We do our very best to touch on as much of the health- and environment-related news that we can from across the web, but there are always stories we don’t get to. Here’s a quick roundup of food news from the last week or so that we didn’t manage to hit on:
- Growing their own. Eco Salon highlights a Dubai restaurant that’s vertically farming its own produce.
- The future of sustainable food. Leon Kaye at Triple Pundit looks at modern agribusiness and how it’s impacting our food selection.
- Pesticides and ADHD. – Over at Planetsave, you can check out Joe Mohr’s latest political cartoon on pesticides and ADHD.
- Can a disposable plastic bottle really be “eco?” Tim Hurst talks about Nestle’s recent award for their eco-shape bottle.
- Crop Mob. A look at the flashmob of guerrilla gardening at Green Living Ideas.
- Marion Nestle on the egg recall. Nestle’s translation of the egg industry response to the massive recall is spot on and pretty hilarious.
Have you run across any cool food-related stories this week? Tell us about them in the comments!
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!