Published on August 20th, 2010 | by Becky Striepe0
We do our very best to touch on as much of the health- and environment-related news that we can from across the web, but there are always stories we don’t get to. Here’s a quick roundup of food news from the last week or so that we didn’t manage to hit on:
- Find what’s in season. Ziggy at Sustainablog shares a handy guide to seasonal eating.
- Sustainable Seafood. Over at Planetsave, Michael Ricciardi talks about food giant Costco’s new sustainable seafood policy.
- Cage free eggs. Lane Jost at The Inspired Economist delves into the issue of egg production here in the U.S.
- Bye bye, aldicarb. Well, someday. Planet Green discusses the recent FDA ban on a harmful pesticide and wonders why something that’s dangerous now isn’t banned until 2018.
- Recipe Love. Eco Karen shares a simple recipe for making your own kimchi at home.
What were your favorite food-related stories from this week?
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!