Published on August 20th, 2010 | by Becky Striepe0
We do our very best to touch on as much of the health- and environment-related news that we can from across the web, but there are always stories we don’t get to. Here’s a quick roundup of food news from the last week or so that we didn’t manage to hit on:
- Find what’s in season. Ziggy at Sustainablog shares a handy guide to seasonal eating.
- Sustainable Seafood. Over at Planetsave, Michael Ricciardi talks about food giant Costco’s new sustainable seafood policy.
- Cage free eggs. Lane Jost at The Inspired Economist delves into the issue of egg production here in the U.S.
- Bye bye, aldicarb. Well, someday. Planet Green discusses the recent FDA ban on a harmful pesticide and wonders why something that’s dangerous now isn’t banned until 2018.
- Recipe Love. Eco Karen shares a simple recipe for making your own kimchi at home.
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!