Published on August 13th, 2010 | by Becky Striepe1
Foodie Friday: Food News Roundup
We do our very best to touch on as much of the health- and environment-related news that we can from across the web, but there are always stories we don’t get to. Here’s a quick roundup of food news from the last week or so that we didn’t manage to hit on:
- Soda and Health. The Daily Green has a great infographic on how soft drinks impact our health.
- Jello…cups? Beth at Crisp Green shows off edible vegan Jelloware cups. Now that’s a disposable we can get behind!
- Sustainable Agriculture. Over at our sister site, The Inspired Economist, Jonathon Banco talks about the Sustainable Agricultural Summit in San Francisco.
- Recipe love. We’re drooling over these Green Tomato and Onion Turnovers from Manifest Vegan.
- In the Gulf. Over at Planetsave, Tom Scheuneman talks about oil-tainted crabs in the Gulf of Mexico and what that means for the food web.
- Food and Global Warming. Sustainablog looks at how global warming is contributing to rising food prices.
- Goodbye, Factory Farms? Planet Green reports that Ohio farmers may negotiate with the Humane Society on animal confinement.
- Getting to the Heart of Local Food. Rhonda at Ecolocalizer talks about how to grow a truly local, sustainable food system.
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!