Published on August 13th, 2010 | by Becky Striepe1
Foodie Friday: Food News Roundup
We do our very best to touch on as much of the health- and environment-related news that we can from across the web, but there are always stories we don’t get to. Here’s a quick roundup of food news from the last week or so that we didn’t manage to hit on:
- Soda and Health. The Daily Green has a great infographic on how soft drinks impact our health.
- Jello…cups? Beth at Crisp Green shows off edible vegan Jelloware cups. Now that’s a disposable we can get behind!
- Sustainable Agriculture. Over at our sister site, The Inspired Economist, Jonathon Banco talks about the Sustainable Agricultural Summit in San Francisco.
- Recipe love. We’re drooling over these Green Tomato and Onion Turnovers from Manifest Vegan.
- In the Gulf. Over at Planetsave, Tom Scheuneman talks about oil-tainted crabs in the Gulf of Mexico and what that means for the food web.
- Food and Global Warming. Sustainablog looks at how global warming is contributing to rising food prices.
- Goodbye, Factory Farms? Planet Green reports that Ohio farmers may negotiate with the Humane Society on animal confinement.
- Getting to the Heart of Local Food. Rhonda at Ecolocalizer talks about how to grow a truly local, sustainable food system.
What were your favorite food-related stories from this week?