Published on August 11th, 2010 | by Becky Striepe4
Eating Vegan: 12 Vegan Pies
Nothing says delicious like a fresh slice of pie. It turns out that eating a vegan diet doesn’t have to mean giving up this delightful dessert. In fact, there are countless ways to whip up tasty, vegan pies! Here are 12 recipes to get you started:
- I’m drooling over this cherry pie from Almost Vegan.
- Isa Chandra of Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World shares a vegan pumpkin pie recipe.
- This chocolate cream pie from Yahoo Green looks decadent!
- If you’re after something tangy, try this vegan lemon pie from FatFree Vegan Kitchen.
- At Natural Papa, Derek Markham shares a vegan cookie pie recipe.
- Looking for something savory? Check out Earth Vegan’s vegan pot pie!
- For another savory pie, you might try out a vegan shepherd’s pie.
- This raw mulberry pie from O’Neal at Give it to me Raw looks amazing!
- Manifest Vegan has a delicious recipe for vegan raspberry pie.
- I love this nutritious vegan apple pie from VegWeb.
- Vegan buttermilk pie? The Voracious Vegan says yes!
- Got your own pie filling ideas? Check out the perfect vegan pie crust recipe from Veg Family.
Do any of you have a favorite vegan pie recipe? Tell us in the comments! You can never have too much PIE!
Image Credit: Cherry Pie. Creative Commons photo by stevendepolo
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!