Published on March 14th, 2010 | by Becky Striepe0
Happy Pi Day!
If you’re not familiar with Pi Day, it takes place each year on March 14th. Technically, it’s a nod to that magical mathematical symbol but, foodies all over the world have co-opted the day to celebrate an equally magical dish: PIE!
Whether you opt for the savory or the sweet, we’ve got you covered with a few vegan pi(e) recipes to celebrate!
- Cupcake Punk is rocking our socks with her sweet potato twist on the classic shepherd’s pie.
- We’re loving Lisa’s take on good, old-fashioned apple pie. To veganize, just substitute margarine for the butter.
- This pot pie with a biscuit crust is the perfect comfort food for a blustery day.
- Manifest Vegan has us drooling for her Chocolate Cashew Ice Cream Pie.
- While not technically pie, quiche is pie-like and undeniably delicious!
Are any of you celebrating Pi Day? We’d love to hear what you were making!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!