Published on January 21st, 2010 | by Becky Striepe3
Recipe Roundup: Eight Hearty Vegan Soups and Stews to Keep You Warm
Goodness gracious, this has been a crazy winter! Things have warmed up a bit around here, but we’re still craving steamy soups and stews to keep us toasty from the inside out.
Often, folks associate a vegan diet with light, salad-based meals. Not that I’m dissing on salad – sometimes there’s nothing better than a big bowl of raw veggies topped with tasty dressing. At this time of year, though, when you can’t feel your toes and fingers, something with a little more substance is in order. Here are some great vegan recipes to get you going!
- Roasted Tomato Zucchini Bread Soup
- Broccoli Jack Soup with Map-Otle Tempeh Croutons
- North African Chickpea and Kale Soup
- Pumpkin Apple Ginger Soup
- Organic Miso, Ginger, and Napa Cabbage Stew
- Fire Roasted Red Pepper and Smoky Black Bean Soup with Chili Lime Croutons
- Easy and Delicious Veggie Chili
- Perfect Split Pea Soup
What are your favorite veggie recipes for keeping toasty when a cold front rolls through?
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!