Published on January 21st, 2010 | by Becky Striepe3
Recipe Roundup: Eight Hearty Vegan Soups and Stews to Keep You Warm
Goodness gracious, this has been a crazy winter! Things have warmed up a bit around here, but we’re still craving steamy soups and stews to keep us toasty from the inside out.
Often, folks associate a vegan diet with light, salad-based meals. Not that I’m dissing on salad – sometimes there’s nothing better than a big bowl of raw veggies topped with tasty dressing. At this time of year, though, when you can’t feel your toes and fingers, something with a little more substance is in order. Here are some great vegan recipes to get you going!
- Roasted Tomato Zucchini Bread Soup
- Broccoli Jack Soup with Map-Otle Tempeh Croutons
- North African Chickpea and Kale Soup
- Pumpkin Apple Ginger Soup
- Organic Miso, Ginger, and Napa Cabbage Stew
- Fire Roasted Red Pepper and Smoky Black Bean Soup with Chili Lime Croutons
- Easy and Delicious Veggie Chili
- Perfect Split Pea Soup
What are your favorite veggie recipes for keeping toasty when a cold front rolls through?