Published on March 29th, 2009 | by Lucille Chi1
Organic Old-fashioned Popcorn in Hot New Flavors for Fun Green Events
Arnold’s organization actively practices the four pillars of SOLE – sustainable, organic, local and ethical - “by working with farmers who practice sustainable organic farming and employ fair trade practices, ensuring that both our planet and its people are well taken care of.”
I am so inspired by the brilliant founder Jean Arnold. 479° Popcorn uses the finest organic ingredients as well as savvy sustainable business practices.
Here are some of their signature sweet and savory popcorn flavors:
- Alderwood Smoked Salt: Infused with organic extra virgin olive oil..
- Madras Curry Cashew: Hand-blended Madras curry with Toasted coconut + roasted cashews.
- Pimentòn de La Vera: “vibrant + dashing smoky Spanish paprika with bursts of ripe organic tomato + onion”
- Black Truffle: Mixed with organic aged white cheddar drizzled with aromatic black truffle oil.
- Chipotle Caramel Almond: Created with rich, dark organic caramel spiked with chipotle chili + toasted almonds.
- Ginger Sesame Caramel: Gingered and infused organic caramel tossed with toasted black sesame seeds.
- Fleur de Sel Caramel: Exquisitely blended, “elegant + fanciful sweet, crunchy organic caramel sprinkled with delicate flakes of sea salt”
- Vietnamese Cinnamon: Spiced and dusted with crunchy organic sugar.
Their Green Mission states:
- They’re always buying local. All products come from nearby organic producers to reduce our carbon footprint and to foster sustainability.
- “Not a single kernel ends up in the trash. Company composts religiously.
- “We like trees.”
- “We’re taking a ride on the SOLE train.”
- “We’re making our carbon footprint as small as possible.”
- “Work with local, family-owned packaging companies that use only local, sustainably managed resources.”
- Canisters and shipping boxes are made with a minimum of 90% recycled paper.
- They only use natural, non-toxic products made by companies such as Seventh Generation to clean the kitchen.
- All their offices have replaced all non-dimming incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescents and have replaced low wattage dimming incandescent bulbs with cold cathodes.
Via Heart of Green.