Published on March 29th, 2009 | by Lucille Chi1
Organic Old-fashioned Popcorn in Hot New Flavors for Fun Green Events
Arnold’s organization actively practices the four pillars of SOLE – sustainable, organic, local and ethical - “by working with farmers who practice sustainable organic farming and employ fair trade practices, ensuring that both our planet and its people are well taken care of.”
I am so inspired by the brilliant founder Jean Arnold. 479° Popcorn uses the finest organic ingredients as well as savvy sustainable business practices.
Here are some of their signature sweet and savory popcorn flavors:
- Alderwood Smoked Salt: Infused with organic extra virgin olive oil..
- Madras Curry Cashew: Hand-blended Madras curry with Toasted coconut + roasted cashews.
- Pimentòn de La Vera: “vibrant + dashing smoky Spanish paprika with bursts of ripe organic tomato + onion”
- Black Truffle: Mixed with organic aged white cheddar drizzled with aromatic black truffle oil.
- Chipotle Caramel Almond: Created with rich, dark organic caramel spiked with chipotle chili + toasted almonds.
- Ginger Sesame Caramel: Gingered and infused organic caramel tossed with toasted black sesame seeds.
- Fleur de Sel Caramel: Exquisitely blended, “elegant + fanciful sweet, crunchy organic caramel sprinkled with delicate flakes of sea salt”
- Vietnamese Cinnamon: Spiced and dusted with crunchy organic sugar.
Their Green Mission states:
- They’re always buying local. All products come from nearby organic producers to reduce our carbon footprint and to foster sustainability.
- “Not a single kernel ends up in the trash. Company composts religiously.
- “We like trees.”
- “We’re taking a ride on the SOLE train.”
- “We’re making our carbon footprint as small as possible.”
- “Work with local, family-owned packaging companies that use only local, sustainably managed resources.”
- Canisters and shipping boxes are made with a minimum of 90% recycled paper.
- They only use natural, non-toxic products made by companies such as Seventh Generation to clean the kitchen.
- All their offices have replaced all non-dimming incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescents and have replaced low wattage dimming incandescent bulbs with cold cathodes.
Via Heart of Green.
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!